The Power of the Subconscious Mind
There is so much being said these days about the value of engaging your subconscious mind in creating permanent change and transformation. There are some very important tenets of the unconscious/ subconscious mind that you need to understand in order to effectively tame it and allow it to work for you instead of against you through self-sabotage.
1. It’s the domain of the emotions and your hidden beliefs. It will create a pleasurable feeling or a painful one about things occurring in your life.
2. It organizes memories in a sequential manner. The first time you experience a disturbing negative emotion is the most important because of the gestalt that was formed each time that same negative emotion was experienced. It also doesn’t understand time therefore everything that it holds onto is happening now in the present moment.
3. It is the Akashic record keeper of the mind. When we experience an event that was too painful to process then the subconscious holds it for us often affecting our daily lives without our knowledge.
4. Often some of these unresolved memories will suddenly show up out of thin air. This often happens when using EFT. I wish I had a dime for every time I heard,”Wow, I haven’t thought of that in years” or “I’ve completely forgotten about that” It’s almost like the mind says, “Finally, let’s get down to business with this crap”
5. It is responsible for managing our autonomic nervous system. It breathes for us, directs our heart rate, digestive system, etc. Is it any wonder then that your mind can affect your health?
6. It preserves the integrity of the body above all else. Regarding sexual issues I see this all the time. Self-sabotage happens in order to protect the body even when it does not make logical sense. This happens even though consciously we want to lose weight, heal, or go after better situations in our lives.
7. It is the high priest/priestess center. These are morals and ethical boundaries or lack of boundaries that were set in childhood. Would you take the advice about who you should marry from a 5 year old’s morals or any major decision for that matter? Hmm. Maybe yes, maybe no. That is indeed what you do on a subconscious level.
8. It takes very clear messages and listens 24/7 to your conscious thoughts. Are you mostly a negative or positive person? You are constantly programming your mind with your consistent thoughts.
9. It controls and maintains all perceptions. That hunch or gut feeling is really your subconscious.
10. It’s responsible for your good and bad habits. That’s why its so important to use it when changing behaviour.
11. It works best as a whole unit and not in conflict with a competing concept. This is what EFTers mean by congruence. For example if you are trying to make more money but your beliefs are that money makes people corrupt, you won’t do what is necessary to attract more.
12.It likes symbols and metaphors. This is why many of us use it often in our work. Thinking in pictures accesses this part of our brains easily.
13. It project everything onto “other” or outer circumstances tending to blame instead of accept responsibility.
14. It’s lazy! It wants what it wants without effort. If you aren’t motivated (by changing your subconscious programming)then you will drive you to inertia.
15. It is a sponge. You constantly want to feed it positive thoughts .We all know that affirmations shouldn’t include negative statements and this is why. In EFT we address this by saying we love ourselves in spite of our failures.
16. One view of the subconscious is that the body serves as a reservoir of memories, experiences, and feelings of the past. In other words it’s a contain of the subconscious.
17. Major hardwiring of the subconscious mind happens in Theta and Delta brainwave states. These are the states we primarily live in during the 1st six years of live and why Matrix Reimprinting is so effective.