Close your eyes for just a moment and point to yourself. Chances are that you will be pointing to your heart center.
No one I know has ever pointed to their head! More than we admit in this culture our hearts (not our brains) are masters of the body as well our emotions.
My curiosity about the function of the heart has really been heightened since I introduced Matrix Reimprinting (an advanced form of EFT) into my practice. The results of adding a HeartMath component to my work really has allowed for more rapid changes than ever before. In my explorations I came across Dr. Paul Pearsall and his book The Heart’s Code. In this book Dr. Pearsall clearly demonstrates the massive energy of the heart and it’s intelligence. The electromagnetism of the heart is over 5000 times stronger than the brain – one reason we use is in Matrix Reimprinting to send new pictures into the field. All you have to do is Google “heart donors memories transferred to recipients” to read one fascinating story after another to realize that the heart does indeed have intelligence.
To determine whether you are living more in your heart or in your brain, and to find out how well you are transmitting positive energy to your world, body, and to others you care for, scroll down and take the test below:
The Heart Energy Amplitude Recognition Test created by Dr. Pearsall
0 = Never
1 = Almost Never
2 = More Than Sometimes
3 = A Lot
4 = Almost Always
1. Are you in a hurry? (Have you looked ahead on this test?)
2. Are you so busy that others are afraid to “bother you”?
3. Would others say you walk, drive or move quickly?
4. Do you like to “save time” by doing many things at once and/or thinking one thing while doing something else?
5. Does it seem that you always get in the slow line?
6. Do “unqualified express lane participants” frustrate you?
7. Do you eat quickly?
8. Do you push elevator buttons that are already lit?
9. Do you talk fast, as shown by gasping, spraying droplets of saliva, or getting tongue tied?
10. Do you try to hurry other’s speaking, using “uh huh, uh huh, ya, ya, ya,” of tuneless humming?
11. Are you a “disgust flasher”? (click tongue, tilt head, raise left side of mouth, sigh, hand on hip, roll eyes)
12. Do you lose your temper while driving?
13. Are you cynical and distrusting of other’s motives?
14. Do you have “sleep stress”? (sleep onset insomnia, snoring, grinding of teeth, tossing and turning)
15. Do you replay angry events, rehearse sarcastic comebacks, tell “work war stories”, spread rumors, and/or threaten to quit your job or relationship?
16. Do you have family or marital conflicts and/or neglect your family?
17. Do you feel a “let down” after attaining a goal or high success?
18. Do you feel that you did not or do not get enough unconditional love from one or both parents?
19. Do you have a harsh, critical, sarcastic voice quality or laughter and/or use profanity?
20. Do you clench your fist, shrug your shoulders or make chopping motions with your hand while speaking?
21. Do you avoid public crying and/or is your laughter loud, explosive, quasi-humorous, and social more than sincere?
22. Do you react emotionally, defensively and negatively to criticism?
23. Do you feel sleep and/or fall asleep when sitting quietly for a period of time or become “business meeting mesmerized” at “bored” meetings?
24. Do you answer questions before they’re completely asked, confront arguments before they’re fully presented, and feel sure you are right?
25. Would it be tense and stressful living and/or working with you?
Interpreting Your Heart Energy Amplitude Test Score
0-5 Balanced Energy (Your heart energy is in healthy balance)
6-10 Overly Agitated Energy(You’re bothering your body and other people’s bodies and heart)
11-20 Very Agitated Energy(You are becoming a “real pain” to your body and other people’s bodies and hearts)
21 and Above is Toxic Energy(You have become a real pain to your body and other people’s bodies and hearts)
An interesting note on the results – Polynesians score an 8 on average while Americans are about 22.
Each item on the H*E*A*R*T is based on the latest research from cardiac psychology. It is now clear in the fields of psychoneuroimmunology, social psychology, health psychology and epidemiology that having less hostility and cynicism and more connection in the form of relaxed, mutually supportive social systems is an important buffer against the development of heart disease.